Chalkboard paint has been popping up all over the place these days. Using chalk to draw, scribble and write is still a favorite pastime of kids but it’s not just considered child’s play anymore. Here are a few cool ways for you and your family to incorporate chalkboard paint into your home:
- Put a fresh coat of chalkboard paint on the surface of your dining room table and let the dinnertime fun begin! You can design custom “tablecloths” or placemats to suit your entertaining needs. Switch things up for the holidays or other special events like a birthday or dinner party.
- Paint your child’s entire room in chalkboard paint and let their imagination run wild! They can create their own “wallpaper” and easily switch it up according to their changing tastes and interests.
- If you don’t want to splurge on a new backsplash, or just want a unique look to your kitchen, consider painting your kitchen walls and drawing on your very own tailor-made backsplash design.
- Add a little chalkboard paint to storage baskets or boxes to create erasable labels. Whether you’re storing away toys, seasonal clothing or office supplies, you’ll always be able to easily find what you need when you need it.
- Use your kitchen space to get your life a little more organized. Paint one kitchen wall, or even your refrigerator door, and use the space to jot down important notes to yourself and your family like shopping lists, phone messages and recipes.
- A chalkboard wall in your home office will also go a long way to keeping your life in order. It’s the perfect place to draw calendars, write out to-do lists and illustrate larger-than-life brainstorming sessions.
- Going back to your chalkboard-painted dining room table … why not write a question or topic in the middle of it before every meal? This will encourage lively dinnertime conversations and can grow into a family tradition to be cherished for many years to come.
- Inspire your children’s creativity by painting one of their desks or tables. Let them draw on a game of tic-tac-toe or even create their very own original board game for hours of fun.
- Paint a wall in your bedroom or bathroom and use it as a motivational tool by writing down different quotes, daily affirmations or even poems that move you.
Visit homedepot.com today and browse through the décor section for our huge selection of beautiful home accessories. Our online Fall Style Guide also offers tons of great decorating ideas. And don’t forget that Black Friday savings have come early to The Home Depot this year! Now’s the time to upgrade your home’s style with huge deals on holiday decorations, area rugs, appliances and much more!