Chalkboard paint has been popping up all over the place these days. Using chalk to draw, scribble and write is still a favorite pastime of kids but it’s not just considered child’s play anymore. Clever designers and crafters are using chalkboard paint in all sorts of creative projects.
Here are a few cool ways to incorporate chalkboard paint into your home:
- Put a fresh coat of chalkboard paint on the surface of your dining room table and let the dinnertime fun begin! You can design custom “tablecloths” or placemats to suit your entertaining needs. Switch things up for the holidays or other special events like a birthday or dinner party.
- Paint your child’s entire room in chalkboard paint and let their imaginations run wild! They can create their own “wallpaper” and easily switch it up according to their changing tastes and interests.
- If you don’t want to splurge on a new backsplash, or just want a unique look to your kitchen, consider painting your kitchen walls and drawing on your very own tailor-made backsplash design.
- Add a little chalkboard paint to storage baskets or boxes to create erasable labels. We have a tutorial for adding chalkboard labels to mason jars for storing spices.
- Use your kitchen space to get your life a little more organized. Paint one kitchen wall, or even your refrigerator door, and use the space to jot down important notes to yourself and your family like shopping lists, phone messages and recipes.
- A chalkboard wall in your home office will also go a long way to keeping your life in order. It’s the perfect place to draw calendars, write out to-do lists and illustrate larger-than-life brainstorming sessions.
- Crafting blogger Kimbery Sneed created a nifty chore chart for kids using chalkboard paint. Check out the tutorial for that DIY chore chart here on The Home Depot Blog.
- Make an A-frame chalkboard sign. You could post messages for the family on it. Or set it up in your dining room, and announce a fun topic for discussion during family mealtime.
- Create a wreath with chalkboard paint. Hang it on your front door with seasonal messages to welcome visitors.
- Inspire your children’s creativity by painting one of their desks or tables. Let them draw on a game of tic-tac-toe or even create their very own original board game for hours of fun.
- Paint a wall in your bedroom or bathroom and use it as a motivational tool by writing down different quotes, daily affirmations or even poems that move you.