Gardeners come in many levels of experience and expertise. Some of us can name a Phytophthora mold from a mile away. While others of us enjoy growing tulips, but can’t be bothered to remember if they’re called Beauty of Oxford or Vlammenspel. There is also a large group of people who want to start a gardening habit, but just don’t know how to get started.
Here at The Home Depot, we want everyone to enjoy digging in the dirt, and we’re ready to offer you the gardening advice to make your thumb as green as you’d like. Here’s a round up of some very useful information to get the novice gardener started, and the long-time horticulturalists refreshed.
Gardening 101 Articles:
- Getting Started in Your Garden – The Basics
- Is Your Garden Shade or Full Sun, or Everything In Between?
- How to Plant Your Annuals and Perennials
- 10 Tips to Make Your New Flower Garden Great
- Tips for Getting Started with Container Gardening
- Water Conservation: Rain Barrels Can Really Help Your Gardens Grow
- Sustainable Gardening: Composting Made Easy
Gardening 101 Videos:
Gardening 101 How-To Project Guides:
- Cutting a New Flower Bed or Border
- Caring for Annual Plants and Flowers
- Dividing Perennial Plants and Flowers
- Planting a New Tree in Your Garden
Check out our Home Depot Forums, too, for gardening advice. Get your gardening questions answered by Home Depot gardening experts. We’d also love to hear your gardening stories–triumphs, tragedies and clever ideas.
You can always speak to one of our Certified Nursery Consultants at your local Home Depot Store. He or she will be happy to give you gardening advice, point you to the right product or offer ideas how to make your garden a place of pride.