What does “saving energy” really mean? We all get hit with tons of different energy conservation messages from all over the place, but that gets confusing really fast. Saving energy means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. We’re going to give you the facts to help you define what it means to you.
So what’s the best way for you and me to save energy and money? Over the next few weeks, we’ll be helping you understand the impact of how making some simple changes can put some extra cash in your wallet and we’ll help you figure out what you need to make your home more energy efficient.
We’ll also help you create a solid plan that works for YOU and YOUR home, not someone else’s and we’ll be sharing information about saving on your budget too with New Lower Prices plus a huge selection of EnergyStar and WaterSense products to help you get it done right.
October is Energy Savings month here at Home Depot which means that now, the whole month of October and throughout the fall we will be sharing even more great ideas, plans and new ways to save energy the right way. Of course along the way we will find ways to save you money on the front-end and long-term too.
To get you started, check out this PDF that shows you how you make some really simple and affordable changes that can save you about $745 this year!
Here are some great articles and helpful hints on making your home more energy efficient and affordable to run:
- Quick Facts about LED Light Bulbs
- Blue Light, Yellow Light, Clear Light…GO!
- 5 Great Reasons To Bring Home ENERGY STAR® Rated Products
- Conserve: Evaluate Your Home’s Energy Efficiency for Free and Start Saving
- Save Money and Maximize Your Home’s Energy Efficiency: Heating and Cooling Q&A’s
- Prepare and Maintain: Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
- Prepare and Maintain: More Fall Home Maintenance Tips
- Fall Water Conservation: Rain Barrels Can Help Your Autumn Gardens Grow
- Fall…The Best Time for Planting Trees and Shrubs
- Sustainable Gardening: Composting Made Easy
- Help for Finding the Right Air Conditioner for Your Home
- Cool It Down: Tips For Cooling (and Heating) Your Home Efficiently
Be sure to bookmark this post as your guide for all of the energy and money saving information we’ll be sharing!