The Home Depot was the first brick and mortar retailer to offer apps for the iPhone, Android and Windows Phone (WP7) last year. Now we’ve released updated app versions that improve the mobile shopping experience for our customers.
Some of the updated features include:
1. Better/faster browsing capabilities for 300,000+ products
2. Improved QR code and Bar code (UPC code) scanning for our products
3. Improved My List functionality
4. Faster checkout experience
5. Opt-in/Opt-out Push messages that highlight savings and home improvement events
6. New Product Information Pages (PIP pages) that include store aisle and link to store maps
These improvements will make it easier to shop for products while you’re on-the-go. You can also use Buy Now, Pick-up In Store shopping option remotely via mobile apps.
So the next time you’re in the middle of a home improvement project and discover you need to get your hands on supplies or materials, select your Home Depot mobile app on your phone to find the products you want. Then, select the Pick-up In Store option at checkout and stop by your nearest Home Depot store and pick up your item(s) at the customer service desk (or pro-desk for pro contractors) to get your products in-hand more quickly.