Winter is when we all spend time indoors and nestle in to stay warm and cozy. It’s not a good time to discover that your home’s insulation is lacking or you’re not ready for a power outage. That’s why we’ve come up with a short checklist for preparing for winter.
These winter preparation tips can save you money, save you hassle and keep you and your family safe.
- Add insulation to your attic
- Close the damper on your chimney
- Invest in a snow blower or ergonomic snow shovel
- Stock up on ice melting material
- Cover your pool
- Prepare warm shelter for your pets
- Leave a faucet dripping when the temperature drops well below freezing
- Check the batteries in your smoke detectors
- Create an emergency kit in the event of a power outage
This short video will spell it out for you so you can get started on your winter preparation.